About me

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Deadly stuff

I had two Uncle Elliots Neither was a blood relative, but they both had a taste for the fruit of the vine, and even more as opportunity permitted. The one, was a plummer, and he probably drank the better half of Spring Lake. I never got to know him very well. He died in a car crash when I was young. Yes, he had been drinking.

The other was an educated man, and a simple delight. I enjoyed my time getting to know him, and I'm a better man for the opportunity. Of the people among my ex-spousal unit's family, he is the one I miss and remember fondly. I regret that my own children never got to know him.

So what brings this up? They both considered water to be deadly stuffy, and that's exactly what Casius was telling me tonight.


I'm afraid I did not listen. Before dinner, which was a bowl of chicken soup, was finished, I had downed the entire glass of water. Do you suppose I'll survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment